Monday, March 31, 2008

Island Park


So my mom finally sent me some pic's from February when I went on a mini vacation to Island Park Idaho with them. It snowed the entire time we were there plus some, I hadn't seen that much snow in Idaho in a long time and I've lived there my whole life. It does snow quiet a bit more in eastern Idaho than were I grew up, but that still was one of there biggest snow hits I guess in quiet some time my aunt Kris told us. I had a blast the entire time my aunt's cabin was amazing and quite large, so there was plenty of room for my family plus some(thanks David). We snowmobiled up to Jackson which was gorgeous, then stopped and had lunch at a local dive, which had great milk shakes. During the long snowmobile ride my hands would get tired from holding on to the gas so I would switch off with my Aunt Bronwyn and ride on the back of my Uncle Keith's, who is a crazy driver! But my family cant go anywhere without having bad luck so of course one of the rangers pulled over my dad and gave him a $80 ticket on one of the rented snowmobiles because it wasn't registered, he was pretty up set to say the least.
Times like this when I miss my family and Idaho, there is definitely allot more outdoor stuff to do in Idaho than in the Big D.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Those walls of snow on the driveway are amazing!

Sterling said...

I'm hurt! You write about the snow and leave out the main reason you came to Idaho?! I guess your favorite cousin gets married everyday and doesn't need a shout out...PUNK! :)

Shea Smith said...

So, will you please update you blog and let people know about the big news. I look all the time and there isn't anything new. LOL, take your time I know you are crazy sick.