Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A new man in my life

So it's official we are having a boy. I went in at 17 wks and my Dr. thought it was a boy, and today at 21 wks it was confirmed. Justin and I are both very excited, Smitty was ecstatic at the apt today when we saw the baby had a willie. When the doctor started the sonogram our baby was spread eagle so I asked right when she started if I was seeing what looked like boy parts and she said, "Ya that is definitely a boy". Everything is healthy and going well, I have very little complaints in the discomfort area. I am starting to get use to looking more round, though I still don't like this stage that I am in because people still are not quite sure if I am pregnant or just a little plump. My clothes are starting to get pretty tight but I cant fit into maternity yet so I just have to buy bigger sizes, and that is still a challenge. I am a cheap skate and don't want to spend money on something that for one is a bigger size and two I will only be able to wear for a couple of months. I have used the "Belly Band" a couple of times but they are so hot especially when it is 100+ degrees in Texas right now, and I am wearing 3 layers of clothing. So like I said not to many complaints I am just glad to have a pretty easy pregnancy thus far, hopefully I will have a easy birth, but most likely I wont get the best of both worlds.

8 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for Smitty Jr. I bet you look as cute as ever. I know what you mean about the clothes...I had to get really creative.

A Beautiful Life said...

YEa yea!! for sure! so excited for you, i'm sure you still just look like you had a big helping at dinner and that's all! whatever..you could probably fit your whole body inside my pregnant belly..lol..so happy for you guys, woohoo!!! 1 more day until book #4!!!!!

Shea Smith said...

little baby beau! he he JK! I am so excited that you are having a boy, he will be so much fun! Will you post a picture, I know you look great, so just do it already!
PS Can't wait to read #4, let me know how it is. Edward! I love you!!

Justina Selim said...

A boy! How exciting! Taylor was sooo exited when we found out Aiden was a boy!

APeay said...

Yay a boy! And apparently he won't be a very shy little guy. ;-)

P.S Let me know if you need more onesies!

A Beautiful Life said...

Hey did you read the last book yet?? Wasn't it crazy??? I'm sad to see it end...maybe there will be more in the future, I can't believe the ending, I couldn't put it down..sniff..how'z the pregnancy going???

Adam, Hilly, Wes and Meg said...

Hey, stumbled upon your blog recently! Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Boys are so much fun! By the way--the over sized clothes will be worth the purchase for a few months after you have your sweet baby boy as well. :) Good luck with everything!

Adam, Hilly, Wes and Meg said...

P.S. If you haven't read The Host yet you should! It's a good one too!